Train from Paris to Tours

Odpowiedz [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
trialdaphne
Kontaktowanie:

Train from Paris to Tours

Post autor: trialdaphne » śr sty 02, 2019 1:36 pm

We will be travelling from Paris to Tours for 4 days and upon return to Paris, straightaway to London via Eurostar. I have booked Eurostar tickets already (from Gare Du Nord), however, I am a little confused on the Paris - Tours leg. It seems that the train station for trains departing from Paris to Tours is Gare Montparnasse and not Gare du Nord and that means I have to rush from Gare Mont to Gare du Nord to catch the Eurostar. Is this correct?

microscoff
Kontaktowanie:

Re: Train from Paris to Tours

Post autor: microscoff » śr sty 02, 2019 1:37 pm

[quote=trialdaphne post_id=837215 time=1546436208 user_id=3231]
We will be travelling from Paris to Tours for 4 days and upon return to Paris, straightaway to London via Eurostar. I have booked Eurostar tickets already (from Gare Du Nord), however, I am a little confused on the Paris - Tours leg. It seems that the train station for trains departing from Paris to Tours is Gare Montparnasse and not Gare du Nord and that means I have to rush from Gare Mont to Gare du Nord to catch the Eurostar. Is this correct?
[/quote]

For the best prices on the fast trains, book as far ahead as possible. Tickets usually go on sale 3 months before travel (often earlier for summer travel), and the cheapest tickets often sell out quickly. Discounted ticket prices keep going up as the travel date gets closer. You can get train times and costs, and make bookings,

streambell
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: streambell » śr sty 02, 2019 1:37 pm

Each mainline train station in Paris serves only one part of France. Trains from Tours arrive at Gare Montparnasse, and the Eurostar departs from Gare du Nord. Whether you have to rush depends on how much time you allow between arrival from Tours and depature on the Eurostar.

trialdaphne
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: trialdaphne » śr sty 02, 2019 1:38 pm

If you take a train to Paris and then a flight, it will still take at least 6 hours. Train to Paris, 1 hour; transport to airport, 1 hour; arrive early for Security, 2 hours; the actual flight, 1 hour; collect luggage and get into Barcelona city, 1 hour. Plus waiting time, as you are unlikely to find a flight at exactly the time you want.

microscoff
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: microscoff » śr sty 02, 2019 1:38 pm

[quote=trialdaphne post_id=837221 time=1546436282 user_id=3231]
If you take a train to Paris and then a flight, it will still take at least 6 hours. Train to Paris, 1 hour; transport to airport, 1 hour; arrive early for Security, 2 hours; the actual flight, 1 hour; collect luggage and get into Barcelona city, 1 hour. Plus waiting time, as you are unlikely to find a flight at exactly the time you want.
[/quote]

I would take the train, as I detest airports and security and hanging around. And I regard CDG as an airport to be avoided.

There are no Immigration or Customs formalities between France and Spain.

streambell
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: streambell » śr sty 02, 2019 1:38 pm

Thank you! You raise some good points. I hadn't even considered the time needed to travel to and from the airports! It's so much harder when you don't really know a particular city - one tends to think arriving at the airport equals arriving at your destination!

trialdaphne
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: trialdaphne » pn sty 14, 2019 10:05 am

Online-Phuket is a convenient tourist service created to make your holiday in Phuket comfortable and enjoyable. We offer a variety of services: popular tours in Phuket, meetings at the airport, taxi to the airport, group and individual transfers to Phi-Phi, Koh Lanta and other islands, free transfers to shopping malls. Our primary goal is to make your holiday comfortable and convenient, exciting and full of positive emotions.

https://online-phuket.com/

Odpowiedz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable